MiyoSmart lenses are innovative spectacle lenses for myopia control developed by Hoya, together with its research collaborator, the Hong Kong Polytechnic University. Beyond correcting myopic refractive error, a two-year clinical trial shows that MiyoSmart lenses with D.I.M.S (Defocus Incorporated Multiple Segments) technology work to curb myopia progression on average by 60%*.
MiyoSmart lenses are an evidence-based solution for myopia management. Your child’s quality of life can be improved by slowing down the progression of their myopia and its associated eyesight deterioration.
*Myopia progression by 59% and axial elongation (AL) decreased by 60% compared with those wearing single vision lenses.
Benefits of MiyoSmart
– A non-invasive solution that corrects myopic refractive error and at the same time effectively slows down myopia progression on average of 60%.
– Decreased axial elongation on average by 60% compared with those wearing single vision lenses
– Impact-resistant lens material safe for active kids
– Provides UV protection
An effective solution for myopia control.
An estimated 5 billion people or half of the global population, could be affected by short-sightedness by 2050.
Research shows that more time spent on near-work activities is associated with a greater likelihood of myopia.
– Unique, innovative, evidence-based solution for managing myopia.
– Clinically proven effectiveness in slowing down myopia progression
– Child-friendly and non-invasive
The D.I.M.S technology is MiyoSmart was clinically proven to succeed in the control of myopia progression in the majority of children and in 2018, it went on to be awarded the prestigious Grand Prize, Grand Award and Special Gold Medal at the 46th International Exhibition of inventions of Geneva, Switzerland.
How Does MiyoSmart Work?
Cutting edge research shows that myopia progression can be controlled by providing clear vision and constant myopic defocus simultaneously.
Book an appointment with our optometrist today to discuss if this option is beneficial for your child.